When Paul Lombardo was a boy, his family owned a butcher shop in Brooklyn, New York. He literally grew up in the meat business and in the retail service industry. Paul always dreamed of owning his own business, and in 1971, he, along with a partner, founded the Berk Lombardo Packing Company. The company was located in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn and served the local community as a “cash and carry” operation that offered custom-cut meats. The company grew quickly and, within a few short years, Paul and his partner moved into a larger building located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Along the way, Paul met Gregg Lombardo, who also had a background in the food business, and they grew the company to the point that, again, it needed a larger building. So, in 2017, they moved Berk Lombardo Packing to Hauppauge, Long Island, which is where it is today.
Berk Lombardo ceased to operate as a “cash and carry” meat store many years ago, but it never stopped offering portion-cut meats. Berk Lombardo cuts and individually wrap steaks, roasts, chops, and cutlets for restaurants, food wholesalers, and food distributors that are located throughout the New York Metropolitan area. The company has grown into a successful enterprise, but Paul had always missed the retail side of the business and the contact with the final consumer that retail selling provides. He wanted people to know Berk Lombardo Packing again, just like the “locals” in Brooklyn once did. He talked about this with Gregg, who has an academic background in marketing, and they decided that this website would be Berk Lombardo Packing’s virtual “store”. They look forward to meeting you and serving you. Thank you for stopping by.
As you look around, please keep in mind that, while Paul and Gregg are eager to sell meat to new friends in a relaxed atmosphere, Berk Lombardo is a professionally-run food processing company. As such, your safety is as important to Paul and Gregg as is your satisfaction.
PROUD SUPPLIERS OF NEW YORK'S FINE RESTURANTS
HOW WE DO IT
Cut, Frozen, and Packaged Under The Supervision Of A USDA Inspector. Only Meats Graded USDA Choice Or Higher Are Used.
Cut By Hand And Trimmed To Perfectly Sized Portions In Our Facility By Our Expert Butchers.
Our State-Of-The-Art Flash Freezing Process Preserves Both The Quality And Flavor Of Each Item & Ensures Food Safety.
Each Item is Individually Vacuum-Sealed To Prevent Any Cross-Contamination And Extend Shelf Life.
DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR
Free Shipping for Orders $125 and Over!
- We work exclusively with a small number of trusted growers that meet our standards for quality and animal welfare.
- All of our beef purchasing is still directly monitored by Paul Lombardo. He personally verifies that our beef meets his standards for color, quality, and marbling.
- Only meats graded by the USDA as CHOICE or higher are used. Supermarkets and other Web Sites often make claims that they feature “Top Quality”, “Chef’s Choice”, or “Premium” beef. These are not terms that are recognized and used by the USDA, and they in no way indicate an official evaluation of a product’s quality. We use the USDA certification and guarantee the quality of our products ourselves. Our plant is inspected daily by a USDA supervisor.
- All of our items are produced under a strict HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) protocol. Under our HACCP program, we closely monitor all raw materials as they enter our plant and all finished products as they leave.
- All of our products are hand-cut and packaged on the premises by our butchers and employees. We combine the craftsmanship of hand-cutting with state-of-the-art technology to ensure the quality and safety of our products.
- All of our products are flash frozen immediately after cutting. Ultra-cold, wind-tunnel like freezers are able to freeze our meat products in a matter of minutes. This "flash" freezing locks the item in a "just-cut" state and prevents the growth of any harmful pathogens. When they are defrosted, the have the same nutrients, color, juiciness, and tenderness as they did before they were ever frozen.
- Our vacuum-packages preserve the color, lock in the freshness, protect the integrity, prevent cross-contamination, and provide the ultimate in convenience for all of our food products.
- All of our products are shipped in insulated cartons, with the necessary amount of refrigerant added to maintain the proper temperature. Proper food handling is very important at Berk Lombardo Packing.
- Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years. That type of loyalty translates into consistently superior products.
GET TO KNOW US
"Meat" Our Crew
CONNECT WITH US
- The Berk Lombardo Packing Company
- Berk Lombardo Packing Company