Packing Company, Inc.
Family Owned Since 1971
When Paul Lombardo was a boy, his family owned a butcher shop in Brooklyn, New York. He literally grew up in the meat business and in the retail service industry. Paul always dreamed of owning his own business, and in 1971, he, along with a partner, founded the Berk Lombardo Packing Company. The company was located in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn and served the local community as a “cash and carry” operation that offered custom-cut meats. The company grew quickly and, within a few short years, Paul and his partner moved into a larger building located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Along the way, Paul met Gregg Lombardo, who also had a background in the food business, and they grew the company to the point that, again, it needed a larger building. So, in 2017, they moved Berk Lombardo Packing to Hauppauge, Long Island, which is where it is today.
Berk Lombardo ceased to operate as a “cash and carry” meat store many years ago, but it never stopped offering portion-cut meats. Berk Lombardo cuts and individually wrap steaks, roasts, chops, and cutlets for restaurants, food wholesalers, and food distributors that are located throughout the New York Metropolitan area. The company has grown into a successful enterprise, but Paul had always missed the retail side of the business and the contact with the final consumer that retail selling provides. He wanted people to know Berk Lombardo Packing again, just like the “locals” in Brooklyn once did. He talked about this with Gregg, who has an academic background in marketing, and they decided that this website would be Berk Lombardo Packing’s “store”. They look forward to meeting you and serving you. Thank you for stopping by.
As you look around, please keep in mind that, while Paul and Gregg are eager to sell meat to new friends in a relaxed atmosphere, Berk Lombardo is a professionally-run food processing company. As such, your safety is as important to Paul and Gregg as is your satisfaction.
To this end:
- Only meats graded by the USDA as CHOICE or higher are used. Supermarkets and other Web Sites often make claims that they feature “Top Quality”, “Chef’s Choice”, or “Premium” beef. These are not terms that are recognized and used by the USDA, and they in no way indicate an official evaluation of a product’s quality. We use the USDA certification and guarantee the quality of our products ourselves.
- All of our products are cut under the supervision of a USDA inspector.
- Our products are vacuum-packed and frozen solid within a half-hour of being cut.
- This locks in the taste, freshness, and appearance of a “just cut” piece of meat and, just as importantly, preempts the growth of any harmful pathogens.
- All of our products are shipped in insulated cartons, with the necessary amount of refrigerant added to maintain the proper temperature. Proper food handling is very important at Berk Lombardo Packing.
- All of our items are produced under a strict HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) protocol. Under our HACCP program, we closely monitor all raw materials as they enter our plant and all finished products as they leave.
SO, WELCOME TO OUR STORE! WE HOPE THAT WE WILL SEE YOU OFTEN.